Thursday, November 19, 2009

"We are such stuff as dreams are made on"

I suggest you do your best to live your life as if it is a work of art. Try to find beauty in everything you do and the harmony that can be achieved with everything that you interact with and experience in the world.

While you're at it, if (for whatever reason) you are reading this, I'll go ahead and ask you to take some time to really think about your life. Think about what really matters to you. Is it being the talk of the town, having money and keeping money, getting drunk in Melbourne and living a cyclical lifestyle there, finding that beautiful someone that-whenever you look at them-the music plays and everything seems okay-even when it isn't...or is it something completely different? Find that and give chase, and when you catch it (if you are ever so lucky) never forget how fortunate you really are, because it is going to hurt more than you'd imagine when you lose it. I know I'm certainly guilty of forgetting when I have a good thing and I lose it, but being young and resilent and an American male certainly helps things. Even so, you can't endure these losses forever, and as you get older I'm certain that what really matters makes itself apparent through the hang ups, the evil stares, the 'fuck you toos' and 'I don't cares.'


Now back to reality...

Final papers and exams came to a close and I spent no time in Melbourne thereafter. I organized the trip I'd been wanting to take since the beginning of the semester along Victoria's Southern Coast to the Great Ocean Road.

Four of us made the epic journey. Zander and Chris, the two I bought my boards with from the beginning, and Thibaud, Chris' French friend from long ago.

I'm going to cut it short there because I haven't sorted through all the Great Ocean Road pictures I want to show for the trip we made, which was probably my favorite yet. Just four guys and the open road and surfing, a dream come true in the Australian Spring. Here's a shot of us and the man that sold us our boards and was more generous than any normal man, Bruce Little. The man, the myth, the legend. We are all outside his shop in Anglesea just along the Great Ocean Road, a place I will never forget and will tell my kids about if I tell them about ANYTHING in Australia. Rock on, Bruce, you've returned my faith in the generosity of strangers and to me you are larger than life. Click the picture if you want to do it justice. See Chris, Bruce, myself, and Thibaud. Thanks to Zander for taking the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment